1. He, Ne, Ar are 3 of the noble gases. T or F
2. Sulfur is an alkali former. T or F
3. H, Li, Na are elements that really want to give up that single outer electron. T or F
4. Non-metals are malleable, have high heat and electrical conductivity. T or F
5. Only the outer electrons are involved in chemical reactions. T or F
6. The reason a gecko can climb walls or glass
d. van der Waals
7. Which bond(s) is due to electrostatic attraction?
B. hydrogen and ionic
D. van der waals
8. When silver is electroplated with gold what kind of a reaction is this?
a. acid-base reactions
b. polymerization reactions
c. precipitation reactions
d. redox reactions
9. The reaction that occurs when two soluble compounds are mixed together,
and form a new more energetically stable arrangement which is not soluble.
10. What is the "magic" number of outer electrons?
E.C. What is the reason that some chemical reactions occur naturally?
ANSWER SHEET- write answers below
DID YOU PRINT YOUR NAME ABOVE?