1. Dissection of wing (dont wait too long to dissect after getting the wing. dont freeze it either)
2. Comparative anatomy of arm vs wing
3. Comparative anatomy of bone structure
|You must have adobe reader
downloaded to view and/or print this lab out.
The basic lab is here:
dissection of the chicken wing
at least 3 pictures at stages of your dissection. The last one should show
Label the pictures to show the MAJOR bones (in red below).
Do a google search for one more site that shows a good youtube of the dissection of a chicken wing and give the link in your wiki.
|In your wiki
1. describe the internal structure of the bird and human bones you see above.
2. Why do you suppose bird bones are so hollow?
|Go here http://ltc.smm.org/histology/
3. summarize what information can be gathered from
a. bones, b. growth rates,
c. longevities, and d. growth strategies.